QUALITY INDICATORS OF BEEF FROM YOUNG BULLS OF VARIOUS DAIRY AND BEEF BREEDS
In terms of safety, it corresponds to all parameters standardized in SanPiN 220.127.116.118-01.
The biological value of meat from beef bulls is higher compared to dairy bulls by 3.7% and 0.9%. In all groups, the essential amino acid content in meat proteins exceeds the values recommended by FAO/WHO for humans.
Oleic acid had the highest concentration in the intramuscular fat (38.71, 39.02, 40.16% in Groups I, II and III, respectively). Palmitic acid content in the sample of intramuscular fat from red steppe bulls was 26.40%, in black-and-white bulls — 25.86%, and in Kalmyk bulls — 25.07%. Stearic acid concentration was 21.09%, 21.95% and 20.41% in Groups I, II and III, respectively. Thus, the intramuscular fat of Kalmyk bulls is characterized by a lower content of saturated fatty acids compared to herdmates from Groups I and II: palmitic acid by 1.33% and 0.79%, stearic acid by 0.68% and 1, 54% and myristic acid by 0.37% and 0.15%, respectively. The content of saturated fatty acids (palmitic and myristic) in intramuscular fat samples from Group I was higher than in Groups II and III, and the content of stearic acid was the lowest. Polyunsaturated
fatty acid (PUFA) concentration in the intramuscular fat of all breeds is sufficiently high. Thus, total PUFA content in Group I was 5.64%, in Group II — 6.42% and in Group III — 7.18%. While differences in PUFA content were insignificant, animals in Group III had a higher PUFA level compared to Groups I and II by 1.54 and 0.76%, respectively.
Ecologically pure food product has been obtained in the Southern
Urals with its increased anthropogenic burden on natural and agricultural ecosystems. In Group III, lead content is lower than in Groups I and II by 15.8 and 30.4%, copper content is lower by 54.5 and 60.0% and cadmium content is lower by 50.0%. The content of cesium, as a radionuclide, does not exceed the specifications and is equal to 3.0 Bq/kg.
About the AuthorsS. A. Miroshhikov
doctor of biological sciences, professor, corresponding member to the Russian Academy of Sciences, Director
A. V. Kharlamov
doctor of agricultural sciences, professor, head of the Department of beef cattle technology and beef production
I. V. Markova
candidate of biological sciences, research scientist of the Department of beef cattle technology and beef production
1. Isaev, V.A. Micro emulsification and micro-capsulation of PUFA class ω3 to empower their use / V.A. Isaev, S.V. Simonenko // Food industry. — 2016. — № 1. — P. 38–41.
2. Isaev, V.A. Functional foodstuff and design of their physiological impact on the human body/ V.A. Isaev, S.V. Simonenko // International journal of applied and fundamental research. — 2016. — № 10–1. — P. 42–49.
3. 3. Sharfunova, I.B. Food Chemistry. Methodical complex. Part 2. Kemerovo: KemTIPP. — 2003. — 45 P.
4. Afanasyeva, E.A. Methodological principles of beef productivity evaluation of cattle and meat quality / E.A. Afanasyeva, G.P. Legoshin, O.N. Mogilenets, I.V. Sus, T.M. Mittelshtein //Dairy and beef cattle breeding. — 2012. — № 7. — P. 6–8.
5. Nezavitin, A.G. Production increase and beef quality improvement in the Western Siberia / A.G. Nezavitin, M.F. Kobtsev // Bulletin of Novosibirsk State Agrarian University. — 2011. — Vol. 5. — № 21. — P. 71–78.
6. Alekseeva, E.I. Increase of nutritional quality and palatability of beef / E.I. Alekseeva, O.A. Kluchreva // Bulletin of Bryansk State Agrarian University. — 2012. — № 5. — P. 18–20.
7. Markova, I.V. Comparative description of the amino acid composition of muscular tissue in steers / I.V. Markova // News of Orenburg State Agrarian University. — 2013. — Vol. 43. — № 5. — P. 122–124.
8. Gorlov, I. Method for producing environmentally safe meat in radioactively contaminated area / I. Gorlov, M. Slozhenkina, N. Mosolova, S. Bozhkova, E. Zlobina, V. Levakhin, E. Azhmuldinov, G. Levakhin, A. Tsarenok //Asian journal of animal sciences. — 2016. — Vol. 10. — № 1. — Р. 99–105.
9. Bestaeva, O.M. Beef quality examination / O.M. Bestaeva, M.S. Gazzaeva // Bulletin of scientific works of young scientists, graduate students and undergraduates of the State Educational Establishment «Gorsky State Agrarian University». — 2016. — № 53. — P. 205–208.
10. Gorlov, I.F. New approaches in providing the ecological safety of agricultural production / I.F. Gorlov, V.N. Shishkunov, N.I. Mosolova // Dairy and beef cattle breeding. — 2012. — № 7. — P. 21–24.
11. Levakhin, V.I. Comparative estimation of meat productivity and slaughtering qualities in young bull of different breeds / V.I. Levakhin, M.M. Poberukhin, N.I. Ryabov // The herald of beef cattle breeding. — 2012. — Vol. 78. — № 4. — P. 116–117.
12. Cherekaev, A.V. Ways for development of beef cattle breeding in Russia / A.V. Cherekaev // Glavnyi zootekhnik. — 2008. — № 2. — P. 32–39.
13. Karnaukhov, Yu. A. Quality of beef and its safety depending on the animal genotype / Yu. A. Karnaukhov // Dairy and beef cattle breeding. — 2011. — № 8. — P. 15–16.
14. Zabashta, N.N. Quality and safety of beef produced from bulls of the Kalmyk breed depending on the technology of growing /N.N. Zabashta, E.N. Golovko // Collection of scientific works of the North-Caucasus Research Institute of Animal Husbandry. — 2015. — Vol. 4. — P. 120–128.
15. Artemenko, A.P. Quality of beef in the conditions of the WTO / A.P. Artemenko //Agrarnoe obrazovanie i nauka. — 2014. — № 3. — P. 2–4.
16. Topuria, G.M. Evaluation of beef quality obtained under unfavorable ecological conditions / G.M. Topuria, L.Yu. Topuria, M.B. Rebezov // News of Orenburg State Agrarian University. — 2016. — Vol. 58. — № 2. — P. 153–155.
17. Zabashta, N.N. Production of high quality organic beef with «ECO» status / N.N. Zabashta, E.N. Golovko, A.F. Glazov // Collection of scientific works of the North-Caucasus Research Institute of Animal Husbandry. — 2014. — Vol. 3. — P. 92–97.
18. Miroshnikov, S.A. Domestic beef cattle: Problems and solutions / S.A. Miroshnikov // The herald of beef cattle breeding. — 2011. — Vol. 3. — № 64. — P. 7–12.
19. Kharlamov, A.V. Productivity and quality of beef bulls of different genotypes in breeding with the distiller’s grains / A.V. Kharlamov, A.M. Miroshnikov, A.N. Frolov, O.A. Zavialov, A.H. Zaveryukha // Achievements in science and technology of the agro-industrial complex. — 2014. — № 4. — P. 62–64.
For citation: Miroshhikov S.A., Kharlamov A.V., Markova I.V. QUALITY INDICATORS OF BEEF FROM YOUNG BULLS OF VARIOUS DAIRY AND BEEF BREEDS. Theory and practice of meat processing. 2017;2(2):14-22. https://doi.org/10.21323/2414-438X-2017-2-2-14-22
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.