BIOCHEMICAL TRANSFORMATION OF NATURAL LIPIDS: A REVIEW
The aspects of biochemical transformation of natural lipids of vegetable, fish, and animal origin are considered on the model of biotechnical aspects of triglyceride transformation into products of various purpose. The indicators of biological efficacy of fats are presented regarding the systematization by groups of polyunsaturated, monounsaturated and saturated fatty acids. Some features of simulation of natural processes of hydrolytic fat degradation into energy-intensive products are discussed. At the same time, aspects of fat intake and their biochemical transformation in food systems by human enzymes, and biochemical transformation of lipids in vitro in the presence of commercial enzyme preparations were studied. The aspects of free fatty acid transformation into esters are considered for justifying their use.
About the AuthorsMarina I. Baburina
candidate of biological sciences, leading research scientist
109316, Moscow, Talalikhina str., 26
Natal’ya L. Vostrikova
candidate of technical sciences, head of laboratory Scientific and methodical work, biological and analytical research
109316, Moscow, Talalikhina str., 26
Andrew N. Ivankin
doctor of chemical sciences, professor, academician of the International Higher Education Academy of Sciences, Head of the Department of Chemistry, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
141005, Mitishi, 1-st Institutskaya str., 1
Aleksandr N. Zenkin
105005, Moscow, Russia, 2 st. Baumanskaya str., 5
1. Nechaev, A.P., Traubenberg, S.E., Kochetkova, A.A., Kolpakova, V.V., Vitol, I.S., Kobeleva, I.S.. (2015). Food Chemistry. St. Petersburg: Giorde. — 642 р. ISBN97–5–98879–196–6. (In Russian)
2. Collegiate Dictionary. Meat industry .(2015) Ed. A.B. Lisitsin. M: VNIIMP. — 246 c. ISBN978–5–901768–26–6. (In Russian)
3. Ivankin, A.N., Neklyudov, A.D., Vostrikova, N.L. (2011). Biologically active compounds of natural origin. Saarbrucken: Lambert Academic Publishing.—488 p. ISBN: 9783844356878. (In Russian)
4. Nikitina, M.A., Zakharov, A.N., Nasonova, V.V., Lisitsyn, A.B. (2017). Modeling as a method of scientific knowledge of complex meat systems. Theory and practice of meat processing, 2(3), 66–78. (In Russian)
5. Lisitsyn, A.B., Ivankin, A.N., Neklyudov, A.D. (2002). Methods of practical biotechnology. M: VNIIMP.—402 p. (In Russian)
6. Lisitsyn, A.B., Nikitina, M.A., Zakharov, A.N., Sus’, E.B., Nasonova, V.V. (2016). Modeling of Meat Products the Quality. Food industry, 10, 50–54. (In Russian)
7. Lisitsyn, A.B., Kriger, O.V., Mitrokhin, P.V. (2016). Study of chemistry and hydrolysates drying parameters of feather-downy raw material. Foods and Raw Materials, 4(1), 44–50.
8. Vostrikova, N.L., Kulikovsky, A.V., Ivankin, A.N., Belyakov, V.A., Tarasov, S.M. (2018). Review of biochemical features of food production based on modern food systems. Vsyo o myase, 1, 10–15. (In Russian)
9. Neklyudov, A.D., Ivankin, A.N. (2007). Collagen: production, properties and application. M: MGUL.—336 p. ISBN5–8135–0376 (In Russian)
10. Ivankin, A.N. (2007). Fats in the composition of modern meat products. Meat industry, 6, 8–13. (In Russian)
11. Neklyudov, A.D., Ivankin, A.N., Berdutina, A.V. (2000). Properties and uses of protein hydrolysates. Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology, 36(5), 452–459.
12. Van Meer, G, Voelker, D.R, Feigenson, G.W. (2008). Membrane lipids: where they are and how they behave. Nature Reviews. Molecular Cell Biology,9(2), 24–112.
13. O’Brien, R. (2007). Fats and oils. Production, composition and properties, application. St. Petersburg: Profession. — 752 p. (in Russian)
14. Ivankin, A.N., Oliferenko, G.L., Kulikovskii, A.V., Chernuha, I.M., Semenova, A.A., Spiridonov, K.I., Nasonova, V.V. (2016). Determination of unsaturated fatty acids with a migrating double bond in a complex of matrices by gas chromatography with flame ionization and mass spectrometry detection. Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 71(11), 1131–1137.
15. Ivankin, A.N., Kulikovskii, A.V., Vostrikova, N.L., Chernuha, I.M. (2014). Cis‑and trans-conformational changes of bacterial fatty acids in comparison with analogs of animal and vegetable origin. Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology, 50(6), 668–674.
16. Baburina M.I., Gorokhov D.G., Ivankin A.N. Method for obtaining liquid biofuel. Patent RF, no. 2385900? 2010. (In Russian)
17. Baburina, M.I., Gorohov, D.G., Ivankin, A.N. (2010). Production of biodiesel from grease and waste fats. Meat industry. 3, 64–65. (In Russian)
18. German, A.B., Nekliudov, A.D., Ivankin, A.N., Berdutina, A.V. (2002). Kinetics of hydrolysis of animal fat by pancreatic lipase. Applied Biochemistry and Micro‑biology, 38(6), 517–520.
19. Ivankin, A.N., Neklyudov, A.D. (2002). Ecological bases of biotechnological processes. M: MGUL.—404 p. (In Russian)
20. Ivankin, A.N., Gorbunova, N.A. (2009). Bioactive nanocomponents in meat products. Meat technologies, 11, 36–39. (In Russian)
21. Ivankin, A.N., Vostrikova, N.L. (2012). Biochemical transformations of lipide and carbohydrate-protein nano complex in liquid foodstuff. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition Engineering,2(3), 27–32.
22. Ustinova, A.V., Timoshenko, N.V. (1997). Meat products for baby nutrition. Moscow: VNIIMP.—251 p. (In Russian)
23. Neklyudov A.D., Ivankin A.N. (2002). Biochemical processing of fats and oils as well as lipid products with improved biological and physicochemical properties: a review. Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology, 38(5), 399–409.
24. Neklyudov, A.D., Ivankin, A.N., Berdutina, A.V. (2003). Basics of biochemical processing of animal and combined raw materials. M: VNIIMP.—116 p. (In Russian)
25. AL-Jawadi, A., Moussa, H., Ramalingam, L., Dharamawardhane, S., Gollahon, L., Gunaratne, P., Layeequr Rahman, R., Moustaid-Moussa, N. (2018). Protective prop-erties of n-3 fatty acids and implications in obesity-associated breast cancer. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 53, 1–8.
26. Ravindran, V., Tancharoenrat, P., Zaefarian, F., Ravindran, G. (2016). Fats in poultry nutrition: Digestive physiology and factors influencing their utilization. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 213, 1–21.
27. Ivankin A.N. Neklyudov A.D., Berdutin A.V., Karpo B.S., Mitaleva S.I., Evstafieva E.A. (2000). Perspectives of processing of food fats by the method of fractionation. International scientific and practical conference dedicated to the memory of Vasily Matveyevich Gorbatov.М: VNIIMP, 258–262. (In Russian)
28. Lipazine. Pharmacopeial article. No. 42–2817–96. (In Russian)
29. Lisitsin, A.B., Ivankin, A.N., Chernuha, I.M., Yushina, Yu. K. (2010). Specifics of lipid composition of animal raw materials. Proceedings of the 56th International Congress of Meat Science and Technology, Jeju, Korea,D028.
30. Ivankin, A.N., Ilyukhina, R.V. (2001). About biotechnological processing of low-value animal fats. Meat industry, 5, 46–47. (In Russian)
31. Díaz, MT, Álvarez, I., De la Fuente, J., Sañudo, C., Campo, MM, Oliver, MA, Font, FM, Montossi, F., San Julián, R., Nute, GR, Cañeque, V. (2005). Fatty acid composition of meat from typical lamb production systems of Spain, United Kingdom, Germany and Uruguay. Meat Science, 71(2). 256–263.
32. Neklyudov, A.D., Ivankin, A.N., Baburina, M.I. (1998). Production and properties of pancreatin immobilized on carboxymethyl-cellulose. Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology, 34 (1), 57–60.
33. Lyubetskaya, T.R., Bronnikova, V.V., Proshina, O.P., Fadeev, G.N., Boldyrev, V.S., Ivankin, A.N. (2017). Cis-, trans-isomerization of binary mixtures of fats of vegetable and animal origin. Vsyo o myase, 6, 52–55. (In Russian)
34. Chou, C.C., Tzeng, P.S., Wang, G.J., Su, Y.H., Chiang, C.J., Ku, Y.Y. (2014). Numerical study of a turbo-charged common-rail diesel engine fueled with various bio‑diesel blends. Energy Procedia, 61, 1146–1149.
35. Gonçalves, M., Rodrigues, R., Galhardo, T.S., Carvalho, W.A. (2016). Highly selective acetalization of glycerol with acetone to solketal over acidic carbon‑based catalysts from biodiesel waste. Fuel, 181, 46–54.
36. Ivankin, A.N., Boldyrev, V.S., Zhilin, Yu.N., Oliferenko, G.L., Baburina, M.I., Kulikovskii A.V. (2017). Macrokinetic transformation of natural lipids for motor fuels production Herald of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Series Natural Sciences, 5, 95–105. (In Russian)
37. Ivankin, A.N., Baburina, M.I., Gorbunova, N.A., Neklyudov, A.D. (2008). The ecological system of production of a biofuel from oil containing waste of agriculture Ecological systems and devices, 6, 57–59. (In Russian)
38. Eguchi, S., Kagawa, S., Okamoto, S. (2015). Environmental and economic performance of a biodiesel plant using waste cooking oil. Journal of Cleaner Productionl,101,5369, 245–250.
39. Bozbas, K. (2008). Biodiesel as an alternative motor fuel: Production and policies in the European Union. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 12(2), 542–552.
40. Gorokhov, D.G., Baburina, M.I., Ivankin, A.N., Proshina, O.P. (2010). Liquid biofuel from vegetable and animal raw materials. Technical and economic aspects. Forestry Bulletin,4, 74–78.
41. Lisitsyn, A.B., Lipatov, N.N., Kudryashov, L.S., Aleksakhina, V.A., Chernukha, I.M. (2004). Theory and practice of meat processing. M: VNIIMP.—378 p. ISBN: 5–901768–14–0 (In Russian)
42. Gorohov, D.G., Baburina, M.I., Ivankin, A.N. (2008). Biodiesel fuel from animal fats. Meat industry, 11, 60–64. (In Russian)
For citation: Baburina M.I., Vostrikova N.L., Ivankin A.N., Zenkin A.N. BIOCHEMICAL TRANSFORMATION OF NATURAL LIPIDS: A REVIEW. Theory and practice of meat processing. 2018;3(3):12-26. https://doi.org/10.21323/2414-438X-2018-3-3-12-26
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.