PREPARATION OF THE ENZYME SOLUTION FROM THE WHOLE BOVINE ABOMASUM FOR MODIFICATION OF PROPERTIES OF THE COLLAGEN CONTAINING RUMEN
At present, a significant experience in the effective processing of secondary raw material resources of the meat industry has been accumulated. However, a proportion of their use for food purposes remains to be low. First of all, this concerns processing of the multi-chambered stomach of farm animals. A prospective direction of scientific research is the complex use both of food and biotechnological potential of these by-products. In this work, a possibility of the enzymatic modification of the collagen-containing bovine rumen with the pepsin solution (lysate) was studied. The pepsin solution was obtained by the autolysis method from the enzyme containing chamber of the cattle stomach — the whole abomasum; whereas, usually the lysate is obtained from the abomasal mucosa, which separation is quite a labor consuming process. The investigations established that the lysate prepared on the basis of the whole bovine abomasa had the proteolytic activity along with the collagenase one. To increase the effectiveness of pepsinogen extraction, the tough connective tissue of abomasa was minced and loosened with the acidic solution of polyphosphate, which also has the bacteriostatic activity. Based on the results of the experiment, the rational technology of pepsin extraction from the whole abomasa without preliminary separation of the mucosa was developed. In addition, a possibility of the enzymatic modification of the collagen containing bovine rumen using the obtained lysate with improvement of the functional and technological characteristics was proved. The regimes and parameters of the process of the enzymatic modification of the rumen tissue properties were experimentally established.
About the AuthorsB. A. Bazhenovа
Bayana A. Bazhenovа — doctor of technical Sciences, docent, Professor of the Department «Technology of meat and canned products».
670013, Ulan-Ude, Klyuchevskaya str., 40в, tel: +7–902–454–21–46
A. М. Danilov
Andrey М. Danilov — postgraduate student of the Department «Technology of meat and canned products».670013, Ulan-Ude, Klyuchevskaya str., 40в, tel: +7–902–163–95–27
1. Antipova, L.V. (2012). Principles of the rational use of the secondary сollagen containing raw materials of the meat industry, monography. Voronezh, VGTA, 2012. 248 p. (in Russian).
2. Patshina, M.V. (2013).Development of the technology of cooked meat products with the use of the collagen semi-prepared product from pork skin. Author’s abstract of the dissertation for the scientific degree of Candidate of Technical Sciences. Kemerovo, КеmТIPP, 22 p. (in Russian).
3. Titov, E.I., Apraksina, S.K., Mitaseva, L.F., Novikova, V.N. (2006). Rational way of collagen-containing by-products processing. Meat industry, 9, 28–30. (in Russian).
4. Antipova, L. V., Do Le Huu Nam. (2011). Investigation ability of applying proteolysis ferments in technology gelatin from new raw resources. Proceedings of the Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies, 3, 12–17. (in Russian).
5. Chernukha, I.M., Bogatyrev, A.N., Dydykin, A.S., Aslanova, M.A., Fedulova. L.V. (2014). Effect of polypeptides isolated from cattle abomasum on stomach regenerative processes in rats. Voprosy Pitaniia, 83 (5), 26–32. (in Russian).
6. Tarasova, I.V., Rebezov, M.B., Perekhodova, Е.А., Kosolatova, А.S., Zinina, О.V. (2014). Assessment of quality indicators of minced meat semi-prepared products with bio-modified raw material. Young Scientist, 8, 279–281. (in Russian).
7. Bazhenova, B.А. (2014). Scientific substantiation and development of innovative technologies of meat products from yaks and horses of the Buryat ecotype. Author’s abstract of the dissertation for the scientific degree of Doctor of Technical Science. Ulan-Ude, VSGUTU, 32p. (in Russian).
8. Vasilieva, I.О. (2011). Prospects for the use of the modified collagen in the production of meat products. Herald of Russian state agrarian correspondence university, 11 (16), 63–66. (in Russian).
9. Stryеr, L. (1984). Biochemistry. Vol. 1. Translation from English. Мoscow, Mir, 232 p. (in Russian).
10. Kasparyants, S. А. (1989). Regularities of the effect of associative and complexforming properties of collagen on its condition and effective use. Author’s abstract of the dissertation for the scientific degree of Doctor of Technical Science. Мoscow, G.V. Plekhanov MINH, 44 p. (in Russian).
11. GOST R52688–2006. Enzyme milk-clotting of animal origin dry. Specifications. (in Russian).
12. GOST R53974–2010 Enzyme preparations for food industry. Method for determination of proteolitic activity. (in Russian).
13. Principles and techniques of biochemistry and molecular biology / edited by Keith Wilson, John Walker.— 2nd ed. Moscow, BINOM. Knowledge Laboratory”, 2015, 848 p. (in Russian).
14. Salavatulina, R.M. (2005). Rational use of raw materials in sausage production. St. Petersburg, GIORD, 248 p. (in Russian).
15. Calkins, C.R., Davis, G.V., Sanders, W.L. (1980). Fragmentation index of raw muscle as a tenderness predictor of steaks from USDA commercial and utility carcasses. Journal of Food Science, 45 (1), 111–114.
16. Titov, E.I., Apraksina, S.K., Litvinova, E.V. (2015). An effect of biomodification on properties of collagen containing raw materials. Innovations and Investments, 6, 196–199. (in Russian).
17. Lukin, А.А. (2012). Histological changes offal ii category of cattle under the influence of an enzyme preparation of animal. Technology and the study of merchandise of innovative foodstuffs, 5, 28–33. (in Russian).
18. Zharinov, А.I Evtihov, P.N., Marushina, S.А., Kusnetsova, Т.G. (2002). Enzyme modification of properties of laying hens meat. Meat industry, 12, 15–17. (in Russian).
19. Semenova, А.А., Tunieva, Е.К., Gorbatov, S.А. (2011). Prospects for using transglutaminase for meat product manufacture. Vsyo o myase, 2, 6–8. (in Russian).
20. Khamagaeva, I.S., Khankhalaeva, I.A., Khamaganova, I.V., Nikiforova, A.P. (2012). The application of propionibacteria for beef products manufacture. ESSUTM Bulletin, 3 (38), 97. (in Russian).
21. Khabibullin, R.E., Ezhkova, М.S., Minivaleeva, E.I., Reshetnik, О.А. (2011). An effect of exogenous lactic acid fermentation on microstructure of beef by-products of the 2nd category. Bulletin of the Technological University, 15, 189–194. (in Russian).
For citation: Bazhenovа B.A., Danilov A.М. PREPARATION OF THE ENZYME SOLUTION FROM THE WHOLE BOVINE ABOMASUM FOR MODIFICATION OF PROPERTIES OF THE COLLAGEN CONTAINING RUMEN. Theory and practice of meat processing. 2017;2(4):62-75. https://doi.org/10.21323/2414-438X-2017-2-4-62-75
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.