NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF NEW UNCOOKED SMOKED PORK PRODUCT
The article presents the results of the study on nutritional value of the uncooked smoked pork product with the complex brine. It was found that the use of the starter cultures on the basis of Lactobacillus brevis and Lactobacillus fermentum in an amount of 5% by weight of the raw materials and the aqueous extract of dog-rose hips (Rosa Davurica) in an amount of 0.5% by weight of the raw materials, as recipe ingredients of the brine, allows reducing the duration of the drying process by 24 hours and the salting process also by 24 hours.
It was found that the product meets the requirements of the standard for this type of products by the content of protein (13.2%) and fat (27.8%). The uncooked smoked pork loin, which was made using starter cultures on the basis of Lactobacillus brevis and Lactobacillus fermentum and the aqueous extract of dog-rose hips, is close to the recommended ratio of PUFAs : MUFAs : SFAs (10:60:30). The authors also noted that the presence of ascorbic acid in the extract led to a significant decrease in the residual amount of sodium nitrite by almost three times in the innovative smoked pork product, which increased its food safety.
The results of the study showed that addition of the starter cultures L. brevis and L. fermentum and the extract of dog-rose hips (Rosa Davurica) to the brine during salting had a positive effect on the formation of the sensory characteristics of the pork loin: taste, aroma, color and its structural and mechanical properties. The product had the more monolithic, firm texture and rich color. The research on the quantitative detection of viable cells of L. brevis and L. fermentum in the uncooked smoked pork loin «Pikantnaya» was also done in this work. It was found that on the 25th day of storage, the total number of viable cells in the loin was 1*107 CFU/g, which corresponded to the requirements for the probiotic products.
About the AuthorsYu. Yu. Zabalueva
the Department of Technology of meat and can products
Candidate of Engineering Sciences, Associate Professor
670013, Ulan-Ude, st. Kluchevskaya, 40v
B. A. Bazhenova
the Department of Technology of meat and can products
Doctor of Science, Associate Professor
670013, Ulan-Ude, st. Kluchevskaya, 40vPh.: 8(3012)417218
K. S. Nazimova
Candidate of Engineering Sciences
1. Khorolsky V.V., Mitaseva L.F., Mashentseva N.G., Buchynska A.G. Dairy microorganisms in meat products technology // Meat Industry, 2006. № 5. P. 34
2. Hamagaeva I.S., Hanhalaeva I.A., Khamaganova I.V., Nikiforova A.P. Use of propionic acid bacteria for the production of beef // Vestnik of ESSUTM, 2012. № 3 (38).P. 97-101.
3. Zhuravskaya N.K., Fofanova T.S., Mikhailova M.M. Research of prospects of using bacterial starter cultures in the production of chilled semi-finished products: mes. rep. 4th All-Union Scientific.TechnoExpert.Conf. - M., 1990.
4. Casquete R., Benito M.J., Martín A., Ruiz-Moyano S., Hernández A., CórdobaM.G. Effect of autochthonous starter cultures in the production of “salchichón”, a traditional Iberian dry-fermented sausage, with different ripening processes // LWT - Food Science and Technology, 2011. V. 44, Issue 7, P. 1562-1571.
5. Työppönen S., Petäjä E., Mattila-Sandholm T. Bioprotectives and probiotics for dry sausages //International Journal of Food Microbiology, 2003. V. 83, Issue 3, P. 233–244.
6. Ravyts F., De Vuyst L., Leroy F. Bacterial diversity and functionalities in food fermentations // Engineering in Life Sciences. Special Issue: Biotechnology of fermented food systems, 2012. V. 12, Issue 4, P. 356–367.
7. Nazimova K.S., Zabalueva Yu.Yu., Danilov M.B. Probiotic microorganisms and extracts from wild plants for meat products // Meat Industry, 2008. № 8. S. 38-39.
8. Bazhenova B.A., Amagzaeva G.N., Danilov M.B. Formation of the color of cooked sausages with biological active supplement // Meat Industry, 2011. № 12. P. 46-50.
9. Bazhenova B.A., Kolesnikova I.S. Technology of production of enriched meat product// Meat Industry, 2012. № 2. Р. 48-50.
10. Zabalueva Yu.Yu., Bazhenova B.A. Effect of extracts of wild plants of Zabaikaliya on color formation of meat products // Meat Industry, 2006. № 7. Р. 21-22.
11. Udachina B.G., Gorbunova Yu.N. Rowan: food value, varieties, new in reproduction, the basics of farming // Potatoes and vegetables, 1991. № 1. P. 24-26. 12.Zabalueva Yu.Yu., Bazhenova B.A. Preparation of biologically active food additive for meat products // Proceedings of the universities. Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology, 2015. № 4. P. 75-82.
12. Zabalueva Yu.Yu. Methods of research of meat and meat products: benefit. - Ulan-Ude: Univ ESSUTM, 2011. - 92 p.
13. Rogov I.A., Zharinov A.I., Tekuteva L.A., Shepel T.A. Biotechnology of meat and meat products: a series of lectures. - M .: Print DeLee, 2009. P. 226 – 253.
14. Ockerman H.W., Basu L. Fermented Meat Products: Production and Consumption [electronic resource]. – Access mode:https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/1811/45275/fermented?sequence=1 (Date of access: 15.01.2016).
15. Fermented Sausages [electronic resource]. // WedlinyDomowe. – Access mode: http://www.meatsandsausages.com/ sausage-types/fermented-sausage. (Date of access: 05.03.2016).
16. Kolezneva E. Review of the Russian market of sausage products and meat delicacies // Russian Food & Drinks Market Magazine, 2010. № 5.
17. Kovaleva I.V., Surai N.M. Marketing research of the local market deli meats and meat products // Engineering and technology of food production, 2015. № 4 (39). P. 151-155.
18. Zhuravleva S.V., Prokopets J.G. The biological and food value of probiotic paste products from raw materials of marine origin // Engineering and technology of food production, 2012. № 4. P. 18-23.
For citation: Zabalueva Y.Y., Bazhenova B.A., Nazimova K.S. NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF NEW UNCOOKED SMOKED PORK PRODUCT. Theory and practice of meat processing. 2016;1(1):10-18. https://doi.org/10.21323/2114-441X-2016-1-10-18
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.