STUDY STRUCTURE OF THREE-COMPONENT POLYMERIC MATERIAL UNDER INFLUENCE OF γ-IRRADIATION
material samples was studied by IR spectroscopy before and after irradiation in a range of 400–5000 сm–1. According to the results of the analysis of the IR spectrum structure, the changes in the structure were insignificant upon irradiation at doses up to 6 kGy. Upon irradiation at doses from 9 kGy and higher, an increase in quantity of ester groups (2340 сm–1) and insignificant increase in other functional groups were observed, which can suggest a simultaneous process of intra-molecular cross-linking with the intermediate
stage of cross-linking occurring with formation of vinylene groups. This causes destruction of a polymer material and radiation oxidation. These disorders can lead to changes in physico-mechanical and barrier parameters of a polymer material, which can be notably reflected in the shelf life of agricultural products.
About the AuthorsV. T. Tarasyuk
candidate of сhemistry sciences, leading research scientist, Department of packaging
V. P. Filippovich
senior research scientist of the laboratory processes and equipment of canning production
A. V. Prokopenko
candidate of technical sciences, docent , docent of the Department of electrophysical equipment
N. E. Strokova
junior research scientist, Research laboratory of KGE, Chemistry Department
A. V. Egorkin
director of the branch
A. V. Chasovskikh
head of the laboratory
1. McKeen, L. The effect of sterilization on plastics and elastomers.Third edition./ -USA: William Andrew –2012. –480р. (1.2.5. Gamma Irradiator. p. 10–11). ISBN: 978–1–4557–2598–4.
2. Gracheva, A. Yu. Enhancement of efficiency of storage and processing of food raw materials using radiation technologies/A.Yu. Gracheva, M.A. Zav’yalov, N.V. Ilyukhina, V.A. Kukhto, V.T. Tarasyuk, V.P. Filippovich, A.V. Egorkin, A.V. Chasovskikh, Yu.S. Pavlov, A.V. Prokopenko, N.E. Strokova, S.A. Artem’ev, S.P. Polyakova //Physics of Atomic Nuclei. –2016. — Vol. 79. — No. 14. — pp. 1682–1687.
3. Subedi, D.P. Contact angle measurement for the surface characterization of solids/ D.P.Subedi // The Himalayan Physics. —2011. — Vol. II. — P. 1–4.
4. Bovey Frank A. The Effects of Ionizing Radiation on Natural and Synthetic Polymers./ Translation from English by candidate of chemical sciences V.L. Karpova et al.; under the editorship of doctor of physico-mathematical sciences Yu.S. Lazurkin — М.: Foreign Literature Publishing House. –1959. — 295 p. (Chapter IV. Statistical examination of cross-linking and destruction occurred under the effect of ionizing radiation, pp. 85–107; Chapter V. Polymer hydrocarbons. 1. Polyethylene and relative polymers, P. 108–127).
5. Neiman, М.B. Ageing and stabilization of polymers. — М.: Nauka. — 1964. — 332 pages (Chapter VI. Ageing and stabilization of polymers — P. 197–257).
6. Kazytsyn L.А., Kupletskaya N.B. The use of UV, IR and NMRspectroscopy in organic chemistry. М.: Higher education. — 1971. — 264 p. (I. Summary table of characteristic group frequencies, P. 214–234).
For citation: Tarasyuk V.T., Filippovich V.P., Prokopenko A.V., Strokova N.E., Egorkin A.V., Chasovskikh A.V. STUDY STRUCTURE OF THREE-COMPONENT POLYMERIC MATERIAL UNDER INFLUENCE OF γ-IRRADIATION. Theory and practice of meat processing. 2017;2(2):37-42. https://doi.org/10.21323/2414-438X-2017-2-2-37-42
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.