ASPECTS OF THE DESTRUCTIVE CHANGES IN THE MAIN NUTRIENTS OF CANNED MEAT IN PIECES «STEWED BEEF OF THE TOP GRADE» UNDER THE NON-NORMATIVE TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONDITIONS OF STORAGE
conditions of the Russian regions, it is extremely difficult or practically impossible to ensure the normative temperature and humidity conditions when transporting canned foods to a consumer, as well as at short-term storage. Therefore, obtaining new experimental data on an effect of the non-normative temperature and humidity
conditions of the sterilized canned foods on the indicators of product safety and quality are topical and important for understanding the character and depth of the destructive processes occurring in a product.
It was noted that an abrupt change in the climatic conditions did not have a stimulating effect on microflora development in the tested samples. All samples were commercially sterile. The histological investigations proved an increase in the degree of muscle tissue destruction in the unregulated storage conditions: microfractures and narrow cross fractions had a multiple character, an amount of fine-grained proteinous mass increased. It was established that freezing and subsequent storage had a stronger negative effect on the degree of protein destruction and aroma of the broth and meat of the canned foods compared to the unregulated temperature and humidity storage conditions. For example, the mass fraction of protein nitrogen and essential amino acids decreased on average by 7.8%. The preservation of the fatty constituent of the canned foods in the stably freezing condition was considerably higher than in case of alternating freezing and defrosting. The degree of a decrease in the sum content of monounsaturated fatty acids in the canned foods in the unregulated conditions
was on average more than 20%, those of polyunsaturated fatty acids was more than 31%. It was shown than freezing of canned food at stably low temperatures led to the most pronounced negative impact on the aroma of broth and meat. On average, the degree of the effect of the stably low temperatures was higher by 5.4% compared to the canned food stored in the unregulated temperature and humidity conditions.
The content of vitamins and accumulation of products of protein hydrolysis by the phases «pepsin-trypsin» in canned meat did not change in the studied time period.
About the AuthorsV. B. Krylova
doctor of technical sciences, professor, leading research scientist
T. V. Gustova
candidate оf technical sciences, docent
1. New Russian Encyclopedia, vol. 1 / Nekipelov, А. D. et al. — М.: Encyclopedia, 2003. — 969 pages. — ISBN 5-94802-003-7
2. The strategy for the development of the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation and the national security strategy for the period up to 2020. (www.minregion.ru/upload/02_dtp/101001_str. doc).
3. Permafrost on the guard of product quality (Beginning from the expedition of Eduard Toll to the future). History, results and prospects of the unique experiment on the long-term storage of food products in the conditions of permafrost / Under the general editorship of А.B. Lisitsyn, D.Yu. Gogin. — М.: Editorial service, 2011. — P. 222.
4. Meat and meat products. Method for determination of peroxide number: GOST R 54346-2011. — Introduced on 2012-07-01. — М.: Standartinform, 2012. — P. 8.
5. Animal and vegetable fats and oils. Determination of acid value and acidity: GOST R 50457-92 (ISO 660-83). — Introduced on 1994-01-01. — М.: Izdatelstvo standartov, 1993, Standartinform, 2006. — P. 7.
6. Meat and meat products. Method for determination of tiobarbituric acid reactive assay: GOST R 55810-2013. — Introduced on 2015-01-01. — М.: Standartinform, 2014. — P. 6.
7. Sokolov, A.A. Techno-chemical control in the meat industry /A.A. Sokolov — M.: Light and food industry, 1953. — P. 259.
8. Mass concentration of the main amino acids in the aqueous solution. The method for execution of measurements by the method of high performance liquid chromatography. Recommendations. The State system of assurance of measurement uniformity. Certificate of Attestation. No. 02-2002 of 20.06.2002. The Limnological Institute of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences., Irkutsk, 2002 — P. 12.
9. Lisitsyn, А.B. Methods of the practical biotechnology. Analysis of the components and micro-impurities in meat and other food products: monography/ А.B. Lisitsyn, A.N. Ivankin, A.D.Nekludov — M.: VNIIMP, 2002 — P. 402.
10. Meat and meat products. Determination of fat-soluble vitamins by high performance liquid chromatography: GOST 32307-2013. — Introduced on 2015-07-01. — М.: Standartinform, 2014. — P. 9.
11. Meat and meat products. Method for determination of watersoluble vitamins: GOST R 55482-2013. — Introduced on 2014-07- 01. — М.: Standartinform, 2014. — P. 21.
12. Canned foods. Method for determination of commercial sterility: GOST 30425-97. — Introduced on 1998-01-01. — М.: IPK Izdatelstvo standartov, 1997. Standartinform, 2011. — 14 pages.
13. Meat and meat products. Method of histological identification of composition: GOST 31479-2012. — Introduced on 2013- 07-01. — М.: Standartinform, 2013. — P. 8.
14. Diaz P, Nieto G, Garrido MD, Sancho Banon S (2008) Microbial, physical–chemical and sensory spoilage during the refrigerated storage of cooked pork loin processed by the sous vide method. Meat Science 80:287–292.
15. Childers А, Kayfus J (1982). Determining the shelf life of frozen pizza. Journal of Food Quality, 5, P. 7–16.
16. 16. Ansari А, Bekhit А (2014) Processing, Storage and Quality of Cook-Chill or Cook-Freeze Foods. Springer International Publishing Switzerland DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-10677-9_7.
17. O’Leary, E., Gormley, T.R., Butler, F. and Shilton, N. (2000). The effect of freeze-chilling on the quality of ready-meal components. Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft und Technologie, 33, P. 217-224.
18. Ivor J. Church, Anthony L. Parsons (2000). The sensory quality of chicken and potato products prepared using cook–chill and sous vide methods. International Journal of Food Science + Technology. Volume 35, Issue 2 March 2000 P. 155–162. DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-2621.2000.00361.x.
For citation: Krylova V.B., Gustova T.V. ASPECTS OF THE DESTRUCTIVE CHANGES IN THE MAIN NUTRIENTS OF CANNED MEAT IN PIECES «STEWED BEEF OF THE TOP GRADE» UNDER THE NON-NORMATIVE TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONDITIONS OF STORAGE. Theory and practice of meat processing. 2016;1(3):21-34. https://doi.org/10.21323/2414-438X-2016-1-3-21-34
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.