CALCULATION OF HEAT CAPACITY IN MEAT DURING ITS FREEZING CONSIDERING PHASE CHANGE
As a consequence of insufficient study of water phase change in meat accompanied by water crystallization, its modeling is currently based on the empirical dependence of the frozen water portion on temperature. Such model does not allow answering a number of questions such as of metrological order, and also of physicochemical interpretation of processes occurring in meat during water crystallization. In this paper, we propose an approach to modeling the phase change process of meat during its freezing on the basis of the phonon theory of Debye crystallization, which allows to obtain physically justified dependences of heat capacity on temperature in the phase change region. The obtained dependences may serve as a simple method for calculating the heat capacity of meat in the temperature range of 113 K to the cryoscopic temperature of the given meat type, or as a basis for the analysis and correction of factors affecting the meat freezing in the temperature range of the phase change.
About the AuthorsYuriy M. Berezovskiy
Yuriy M. Berezovskiy — doctor of technical sciences, the head of the laboratory, research laboratory of Food Products Thermophysical Properties
127422, Moscow, Kostyakova str. 12, Теl.: +7–909–685–49–83
Igor A. Korolev
Igor A. Korolev — junior researcher, research laboratory of Food Products Thermophysical Properties
127422, Moscow, Kostyakova str. 12, Tel.: +7–916–423–42–17
Taras A. Sarantsev
Taras A. Sarantsev — research engineer, research laboratory of Food Products Thermophysical Properties
127422, Moscow, Kostyakova str. 12, Tel.: +7–915–282–18–24
1. Ginsburg, A.S., Gromov, M.A., Krasovskaya, G.I. (1990). Thermophysical characteristics of food. Moscow: Agropromizdat. — 289 p. (In Russian)
2. Postolskiy, Ya., Gruda, Z. (1970). Food freezing. Moscow: Food industry. — 607 p. (In Russian)
3. Chizhov, G.B. (1979). Thermophysical processes in food refrigeration technology. Moscow: Food industry. — 272 p. (In Russian)
4. Rogov, I.A., Babakin, B.S., Fatykhov, Yu.A. (2005). Cryoseparation of raw materials of biological origin. Ryazan: Our time. — 287 p. ISBN 5–9841200–5–4 (In Russian)
5. Latyshev, V.P., Tsyrulnikova, N.A. (1992). Recommended reference materials for thermal calculations of food products. — Moscow: VNIKHI. — 86 p. (In Russian)
6. Almasi, E., Erdeli, L., Sharoi, E. (1981). Rapid food freezing. Moscow: Light and food industry. — 408 p. (In Russian)
7. Drebushak, V.A., Shvedenkov, G. Yu. (2003). Thermal analysis. Novosibirsk: Novosibirsk State University — 114 p. (In Russian)
8. Uenlandt, U. (1978). Thermal analysis methods. Moscow: MIR. —526 p.
9. Höhne, G. W., Hemminger, W.F., Flammersheim, H.-J. (2003). Differential Scanning Calorimetry. Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg GmbH. — 298 p. ISBN: 978–3–662–06710–9, https://doi. org/10.1007/978–3–662–06710–9
10. Dibirasulaev, M.A., Belozerov, G.A., Dibirasulaev, D.M., Orlovsky, D.E. (2016). Effect of subcryoscopic storage temperature on the quantity of frozen-out water in NOR and DFD beef. Theory and practice of meat processing, 1(2), 18–25. https://doi. org/10.21323/2414–438X–2016–1–2–18–25 (In Russian)
11. Yancheva, M., Dromenko, O., Potapov, V., Grinchenko, O., Zhelievа, T. (2018). Development of a physical-mathematical model for the process of crystallization of meat systems. EasternEuropean Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1(11(91), 50–55. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729–4061.2018.120793
12. Phan Q. T. (2014). Freezing time formulas for foods with low moisture content, low freezing point and for cryogenic freezing. Journal of Food Engineering, 127, 85–92. https://doi. org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2013.12.007
13. Miller, D.K., Kim, H.-W, Lee, Y., Kim, Y. H. B. (2016). Effects of soy hull fibers and freezing on quality attributes of beef patties. Meat Science, 112, 112–176. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2015.08.168
14. Choe, J.-H., Stuart, A., Kim, Y.H. B. (2016). Effect of different aging temperatures prior to freezing on meat quality attributes of frozen/ thawed lamb loins. Meat Science, 116, 158–164. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2016.02.014
15. Castro-Giráldez, M., Balaguer, N., Hinarejos, E., Fito, P.J. (2014). Thermodynamic approach of meat freezing process. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies, 23, 138–145. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifset.2014.03.007
16. Kim, Y.H.B., Liesse, C., Choe, J., Kemp, R. (2015). Effect of different freezing/thawing methods on meat quality characteristics of pre-agent lamb-loins. Meat Science, 101, 137–138. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2014.09.090
17. Yancheva, M., Dromenko, O., Potapov, V., Grinchenko, O., Zhelievа, T. (2018). Study of influence of freezing — defrosting on thermophysical properties of meat systems. EUREKA: Life Sciences, 1, 32–38. https://doi.org/10.21303/2504– 5695.2018.00537
18. Kozheurov, V.A. (1973). Statistical thermodynamics. Moscow: Metallurgy. — 176 p. (In Russian)
19. Budanov, V.V., Maksimov, A.I. (2007). Chemical thermodynamics. Moscow: Akadembook. — 312 p. (In Russian)
20. Berezovskiy, Yu. M., Korolev, I.A., Agafonkina, I.V., Sarantsev, T.A. (2018).
21. Investigation of the effect of beef moisture content on the amount of bound moisture with the calorimetric method. Proceedings of the Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies, 80(4(78), 25–29. https://doi.org/10.20914/2310–1202– 2018–4–25–29 (In Russian)
22. Encyclopedia of Food Technology V.16. Technologies for refrigeration processing and storage of food products. Moscow: V. M. Gorbatov Federal Research Center for Food Systems of the Russian Academy of Sciences. —2019. — 334 p. (In Russian)
For citation: Berezovskiy Y.M., Korolev I.A., Sarantsev T.A. CALCULATION OF HEAT CAPACITY IN MEAT DURING ITS FREEZING CONSIDERING PHASE CHANGE. Theory and practice of meat processing. 2020;5(1):22-26. https://doi.org/10.21323/2414-438X-2020-5-1-22-26
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.