COMPARATIVE DYNAMICS OF PROTEIN DESTRUCTION IN CANNED FOODS IN SAUCE AT DIFFERENT THERMAL TREATMENT REGIMES AND SUBSEQUENT STORAGE
In the course of investigations, the structural changes in proteins were established, which were associated with the preliminary treatment of meat ingredients, a pH level of the system and parameters of thermal treatment.
The pasteurization regimes allowed retaining a protein nitrogen proportion up to 94% by the end of canned food storage duration.
Upon sterilization, the losses in protein nitrogen were two times higher. A negative eﬀect of more acidic sauce on preservation of the protein nitrogen fraction in canned foods was established.
An accumulation of the peptide nitrogen fraction in the canned foods in tomato sauce aﬅer pasteurization was two times more intensive. In the sterilized canned foods, the processes of accumulation of the low molecular weight nitrogenous compounds were more intensive, which suggests a depth of destruction of the protein and peptide nitrogen fraction. It was shown that an accumulation of amino-ammonia nitrogen during canned food storage was on average 12.4% irrespective of the pH value in the used sauces and the type of thermal treatment.
A shiﬅ in the pH value of the canned foods toward the acid side upon pasteurization was noticed. With that, a degree of the shiﬅ in the canned foods in tomato sauce was 2.5 times higher than the pH value of the canned foods in sour cream sauce. When sterilizing canned foods, another dynamics of the pH values was observed: a pH value declined by 0.39 units in the canned foods in tomato sauce and grew by 0.22 units in the canned foods in sour cream sauce. During storage, the tendency of more intense pH decline was revealed for the canned foods in tomato sauce aﬅer pasteurization compared to the canned foods aﬅer sterilization. Another character of the pH value dynamics was found in the canned foods in sour cream sauce: an insigniﬁcant increase (by 0.7%) of the pH value in the pasteurized canned foods and a signiﬁcant decrease (by 8.4%) in the sterilized canned foods were observed by the end of storage.
About the AuthorsV. B. Krylova
doctor of technical sciences, professor, leading research scientist, the chief of the Direction “The technology of canned and extruded food products” of the Department of Sci-entiﬁc Applied and Technological Developments
T. V. Gustova
candidate of technical sciences, docent, leading research scientist of the Direction “The technology of canned and extruded food products” of the Department of Scientiﬁc Applied and Technological Developments
1. Pamirsky, I. E. An effect of trypsin and the soybean trypsin inhibitor on blood coagulation, ﬁbrinolysis, platelet aggregation and the complement hemolytical activity in vitro/ I.E. Pamirsky, M.A. Shtarberg, I.G. Beloglazova, E.A. Borodin// Far–Eastern Medical Journal. — 2008. — № 1. — Р. 98–100. ISSN
2. Smetanina, L.B. Rational regimes for sterilization of new generation of canned pates from quail meat/ L.B Smetanina, А.N. Zakharov, B.А. Lisitsyn // Vsyo o myase. — 2007 — №.2 — Р. 20–23.
3. Orekhovich, V.N. Protein denaturation / V.N. Orekhovich, V.О. Shpikiter // Reports of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. — 1955. — Vol. 101. — Р. 529–533.
4. Belitser, V.А. Denaturation changes in egg albumin/ V.А. Be-litser — М.: Academy of Sciences of the USSR. —1995. — P. 320.
5. Jensen, E.V. Thermal coagulation of serum proteins. The effects of pH and of sulfhydryl reagents on the nature of the coagulum / E.V. Jensen, D.H. Verne, D.F. Tapley, C. Huggins // Journal of Biological Chemistry. — 1950. — Vol. 185. — P. 411–422.
6. Zholi, М. Physical chemistry of protein denaturation / М. Zholi. — М.: Mir, 1968. — P. 364.
7. Hamm, R. Changes in hydration, solubility and changes of muscle proteins during heating of meat / R. Hamm, F.E. Deather-age // Food Research. — 1960. — Vol. 25. — № 5. — P. 587–610.
8. Grau, R. Meat and Meat Products/ R. Grau. — М.: Pischevaya Promishlennost, 1964. — Р. 190.
9. Kaim G. Technology of meat processing: German practice. — St. Petersburg.: Profession, 2006. — 488 Р.
10. Khlebnikov V.I. Expertise of meat and meat products / V.I. Khlebnikov, I.А. Zhebeleva, V.I. Krishtafovich. — М.: Dashkov and Co, 2008. — P. 132.
11. Krylova V.B. Redox potential and dynamics of protein and fat destruction during storage of canned meat in pieces // Theory and practice of meat processing. 2016;1(2):26–33. DOI:10.21323/2414–438X–2016–1–2–26–33
12. Krylova, V.B.Transformation of proteins, fats and polysaccha-rides in meat–and–plant canned foods/ V.B. Krylova, Т.V.Gustova, G.P. Goroshko, А.V. Eder. // Meat Industry. — 2008. — № 8. — Р. 57–60.
13. A. Lisitsyn, V.B. Krylova, T.V. Gustova, and N.N. Mandzhiyeva Study of transformation processes of proteins in strerilized meat–plant products in polymer consumer package during their production and storage In the Proceedings of the 56th International Congress of Meat Science and Technology , August 15–20, 2010, Jeju, Korea, D024, P. 124.
14. Krylova V.B., Vostrikova N.L., Mandzhieva N.N. An effect of thermal treatment and storage duration on the dynamics of amino acid composition of second course dinner dishes // In the composite book “Innovative technologies in production and processing of agricultural products in conditions of WTO. In 2 parts. Proceedings of the International scientiﬁc–practical conference. Under the editorship V.N. Khramova, — 2013. — P. 13–16.
15. Eder А.V. Development of the technology of canned beef in pieces in soft polymer packaging. Author’s abstract of the dissertation for the degree of candidate of technical sciences. Moscow, VNIIMP. — 2010 — Р. 28.
16. Sokolov А.А. An effect of temperature and heating duration on meat protein hydrolysis and a broth amino acid composition / А.А. Sokolov, М. Kemal // Bulletin of higher educational institutions of the USSR. Food technology. — 1962. — № 4. — Р. 31–34.
17. Sokolov А.А. Physico–chemical and biochemical foundations of meat product technology / А.А. Sokolov. — М.: VNIIMP, — 1965. — Р. 490.
18. Sokolov А.А. Technology of meat and meat products / А.А. Sokolov, D.V. Pavlov, А.S. Bolshakov et al. — М.: Pischevaya Promishlennost, — 1970. — Р. 740.
For citation: Krylova V.B., Gustova T.V. COMPARATIVE DYNAMICS OF PROTEIN DESTRUCTION IN CANNED FOODS IN SAUCE AT DIFFERENT THERMAL TREATMENT REGIMES AND SUBSEQUENT STORAGE. Theory and practice of meat processing. 2017;2(1):37-46. https://doi.org/10.21323/2414-438X-2017-2-1-37-46
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.