A method development for improving the stability of vegetable polyphenol complexes for semi-finished minced meat products with antioxidant effect
Polyphenolic vegetable complexes are active antioxidants and play an important role in the processes of free radicals quenching in the human body. The aim of the work was to develop an immobilization method as a way for improving the stability of polyphenols in dried cowberry squeezing extract (DCSE) and to develop semi-finished minced meat products with antioxidant effect without changing their nutritional value. Experiments were carried out to study the nutritional value of DCSE. The presence of a large number of polyphenolic compounds in DCSE and a high radical-binding ability of the extract were revealed. Based on the mathematical planning method, an offal paste composition was obtained, which was used to obtain pellets, and the formulation of semi-finished minced meat products with pellets was optimized. It was established that preliminary immobilization of DCSE on offal pellets components allows to increase the level of total antioxidant content in the minced meat. Subsequent heat treatment of semi-finished minced meat products produced from such minced meat showed an increase in stability and, thus, bioavailability of antioxidants and the possibility of obtaining a finished product with antioxidant effect. The antioxidant effect of cowberry squeezing extract in the meat system is proved: accumulation of lipid oxidative decomposition products in the meat system during storage of frozen semi-finished minced meat products was inhibited to a greater extent when using offal pellets with immobilized compounds of cowberry squeezing extract. This work was carried out as part of the State Assignment of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation No. 19.5486.2017/BCh and the «Young Scientists of ESSTU‑2019» grant.
About the AuthorsA. V. Gerasimov
Alexander V. Gerasimov — graduate student, Department «Technology of meat and canned products», 670013, Ulan-Ude, Kluchevskaya str., 40. Tel: +7–983–432–59–58
B. A. Bazhenova
Bayana A. Bazhenova — doctor of technical sciences, professor, Professor, Department «Technology of meat and canned products», 670013, Ulan-Ude, Kluchevskaya str., 40. Tel: +7–902–454–21–46
S. D. Zhamsaranova
Sesegma D. Zhamsaranova — doctor of biological sciences, professor, Professor, Department «Biotechnology», 670013, Ulan-Ude, Kluchevskaya str., 40.Tel: +7–924–652–28–58
Yu. Yu. Zabalueva
Yuliya Yu. Zabalueva — candidate of technical sciences, docent, Docent, Department «Technology of meat and canned products», 670013, Ulan-Ude, Kluchevskaya str., 40. Tel: +7–902–564–84–34
N. D. Zambulaeva
Natalya D. Zambulaeva — engineer, laboratory of Soil Biochemistry, 670047, Ulan-Ude, Sahyanova str., 6. Tel: +7–902–161–22–80
A. D. Burkhanova
Anastasia G. Burkhanova — graduate student, Department «Technology of meat and canned products», 670013, Ulan-Ude, Kluchevskaya str., 40. Tel: +7–950–388–43–35
1. Tohma, H., Gülçin, İ., Bursal, E., Gören, A.C., Alwasel, S.H., Köksal, E. (2017). Antioxidant activity and phenolic compounds of ginger (Zingiber officinale Rosc.) determined by HPLC–MS/ MS. Journal of food measurement and characterization. 11(2), 556–566. DOI: 10.1007/s11694–016–9423-z
2. Zhirkova, E.V., Skorokhodova, M.V., Martirosyan, V.V., Sotchenko, E.F., Malkina, V.D., Shatalova, T.A. (2016). Chemical composition and antioxidant activity of corn hybrids grain of different pigmentation. Foods and raw materials, 1(4), 85–91. DOI: 10.21179/2308–4057–2016–2–85–91
3. Lisitsyn, A.B., Chernukha, I.M., Lunina, O.I. (2018). Modern trends in the development of the functional food industry in Russia and abroad. Theory and practice of meat processing, 3(1), 29–45. DOI: 10.21323/2414–438X-2018–3–1–29–45 (In Russian)
4. Kakouri, E., Daferera, D., Paramithiotis, S., Astraka, K., Drosinos, E.H., Polissiou, M.G. (2017). Crocus sativus L. tepals: The natural source of antioxidant and antimicrobial factors. Journal of applied research on medicinal and aromatic plants, 4, 66–74. DOI: 10.1016/j.jarmap.2016.09.002
5. Ayoub, Z., Mehta, A., Mishra, S.K., Ahirwal, L. (2017). Medicinal plants as natural antioxidants: a review. Journal of botanical society, 48.
6. Baiano, A., del Nobile, M.A. (2015). Antioxidant compounds from vegetable matrices: Biosynthesis, occurrence, and extraction systems. Critical reviews in food science and nutrition, 56(12), 2053–2068. DOI: 10.1080/10408398.2013.812059
7. Li, Y., Zhang, J.J., Xu, D.P., Zhou, T., Zhou, Y., Li, S., Li, H.B. (2017). Bioactivities and health benefits of wild fruits. International journal of molecular sciences, 17(8), 1258. DOI: 10.3390/ijms17081258
8. Chan, E.W.C., Tan, Y.P., Chin, S. J., Gan, L.Y., Kang, K.X., Fong, C.H., How, Y.C. (2014). Antioxidant properties of selected fresh and processed herbs and vegetables. Free radicals and antioxidants, 4(1), 39–46. DOI: 10.5530/fra.2014.1.7
9. Esan, Y.O., Sade, O.O., Victor, E.N., Oluranti, O.O. (2018). Functional and antioxidant properties of raw and popped Amaranth (Amaranthus cruentus) seeds flour. Annals. Food science and technology, 19(2), 399–408.
10. Akbarirad, H., Ardabili, G.A., Kazemein, i S.M., Khaneghah, M.A. (2016). An overview on some of important sources of natural antioxidants. International food research journal, 23(3), 928–933.
11. Borisova, A.V., Makarova, N.V. (2013). Rating antioxidant activity of herbs and onions. Storage and processing of farm products, 8, 32–35. (In Russian)
12. Oswel, N.J., Thippareddi, H., Pegg, R.B. (2018). Practical use of natural antioxidants in meat products in the U.S.: A review. Meat Science, 11, 145:469–479. DOI: 10.1016/j.meatsci.2018.07.020
13. Yashin, Ya.I., Ryzhnev, V. Yu., Yashin, A. Ya., Chernousova, N.I. (2009). Natural antioxidants. Content in food products and impact on human health and aging. Moscow: Translit. — 212 p. ISBN 978–5–94976–727–6 (In Russian)
14. Kebede, M., Admassu, Sh. (2019). Application of antioxidants in food processing industry: options to improve the extraction yields and market value of natural products. Advances in food technology and nutritional sciences, 5(2), 38–49. DOI: 10.17140/AFTNSOJ-5–155
15. Zabalueva, Yu. Yu., Meleshkina, N.V., Bazhenova, B.A., Danilov, M.B. (2017). One of the ways of enrichment of meat products by natural antioxidants. Vsyo o myase, 2, 12–15. (In Russian)
16. Bazarnova, Yu.G., Polyakov, K. Yu. (2009). Study of antioxidant activity of natural substances. Storage and processing of farm products, 3, 31–36. (In Russian)
17. Izosimova, I.V. (2004). Scientific and practical basis for the rational use of cowberry (Vaccinium vitis-idaea) and cranberry (Oxycoccus palustris). Author’s abstract of the dissertation for the scientific degree of Candidate of Biological Sciences. Krasnoyarsk: Krasnoyarsk State Trade and Economic Institute. — 24 p. (In Russian)
18. Lutikova, M.N. (2013). Composition studying of biologically active ingredients in wild berries of Vaccinium vitis-idaea and Oxycoccus palustris depending on their degree of maturity and storage conditions. Author’s abstract of the dissertation for the scientific degree of Candidate of Chemical Sciences. Surgut: Surgut State University. — 24 p. (In Russian)
19. Bazarnova, Yu.G. (2012). Biologically active substances of wild-growing raw materials: stabilization and application in food technologies. St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg State University of Low-Temperature and Food Technologies. — 215 p. (In Russian)
20. Kolman, O. Ya., Ivanova, G.V. (2013). Methods for preserving the secondary raw materials of wild cowberries and cranberries. Bulletin of KrasGAU, 5(80), 218–223. (In Russian)
21. Kolman, O. Ya., Ivanova, G.V., Tsuglenok, N. V. Reduced calorie muffins. Patent RF, no.2012117932. 2013. (In Russian)
22. Kolman, O. Ya., Ivanova, G.V., Tsuglenok, N. V. Marmalade and berry masses. Patent RF, no.2012118185. 2013. (In Russian)
23. Izosimova, I.V., Ivanova, G.V., Sergacheva, O.M. (2001). The use of environmentally friendly secondary vegetable raw materials in the production of pastes. IV International Symposium «New and unconventional plants and prospects for their use», 3,469–471. (In Russian)
24. Zambulaeva N. D., Zhamsaranova, S.D. A method of obtaining a dry cowberry or cranberry squeezing extract. Patent RF, no. 2626565. 2017. (In Russian)
25. Zambulaeva N. D., Zhamsaranova, S.D. (2016). Dry extract from squeezing of wild berries as a promising ingredient in functional nutrition products. XV International Conference of Young Scientists «Food Technology and Biotechnology». Conference proceedings, 107–109 pp. ISBN 978–5–98946–172–1 (In Russian)
26. Tutelyan, V.A., Lashneva, N.V. (2013). Biologically active substances of plant origin. Flavonols and flavones: prevalence, dietary sources and consumption. Voprosy Pitaniia, 82(1), 4–23. (In Russian)
27. Yashin, A. Ya. (2008). Injection-flow system with amperometric detector for the selective determination of antioxidants in foods and beverages. Russian chemical journal, 52(2), 130–135. (In Russian)
28. Majewska, M., Skrzycki, M., Podsiad, M., Czeczot, H. (2011). Evaluation of antioxidant potential of flavonoids: an in vitro study. Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica, 68(4), 611–615.
29. Makarova, N.V., Valiulina, D.F., Azarov, O.I., Kuznetsov, A.A. (2018). Comparative studies: content of phenolic compounds, flavonoids and antioxidant activity in apples of different varieties. Khimija Rastitel’nogo Syr’ja, 2, 115–122. (In Russian)
30. Bykova, T.O., Makarova, N.V., Shevchenko, A.F. (2015). Chemical composition and antioxidant properties of apple and grape processing products, i. e. juice and squeezing. Storage and processing of farm products, 11, 20–22. (In Russian)
31. Yurikova, E. V., Savvateev, E. V., Savvateeva, L. Yu. (2013). Properties of additives for meat products. Food Industry, 11, 60– 62. (In Russian)
For citation: Gerasimov A.V., Bazhenova B.A., Zhamsaranova S.D., Zabalueva Y.Y., Zambulaeva N.D., Burkhanova A.D. A method development for improving the stability of vegetable polyphenol complexes for semi-finished minced meat products with antioxidant effect. Theory and practice of meat processing. 2019;4(4):4-11. https://doi.org/10.21323/2414-438X-2019-4-4-4-11
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.